Friday, April 8, 2022

Wasteful & Inequitable CEs

We represent a 53 year old business owner from New Rochelle with physical and mental impairments, whose Social Security Disability (“SSD”) application was approved today.  Last month, the claimant was warned that his failure to attend a consultative examination (“CE”) with IMA could result in his application being denied.  Due to COVID I had advised the claimant not to attend the CE.  It seemed hypocritical to me that Social Security district and hearing offices were closed due to COVID, yet the State agency wanted claimants to be physically examined at IMA offices.

Three non-for-profit institutions just published a position paper about their investigation into CEs that IMA performs.  The position paper discusses the various complaints that I have been posting about for many years now.  The position paper can be found on my Resources tab, and I would encourage anyone applying for SSD benefits to read it

No comments: